Venture Out works with about 150 groups each year. We work with public school students and teachers, fire and police departments, MU student groups, academic classes, new student orientations, businesses, families, scout groups and nonprofits. Many groups return to use us every year.
We strive to make each course the best possible program for every group who visits us. We customize each course based on the group’s needs and goals. We use evaluations and satisfaction surveys to collect feedback. Below are some of the results of this feedback from 2014-2017:
What participants are saying:
- “Coming to Venture Out was the best Professional Development day I have experienced in my 23 years in education. The challenging tasks made our staff work together through frustrating situations to solve problems. It allowed us to be very introspective and analyze how we could improve as a team in our work every day. I would highly recommend Venture Out.” —Tim Edwards, Boonville High School Principal (2014)
- “Our facilitators were outstanding! They were super friendly and related to middle school students well. They were patient and FUN! Our facilitators helped bring the lessons and learning out of every experience. They made our experience so enjoyable. Thank you so so much! You are awesome at what you do!” —Angela Gay, West Middle School Nurse (2016)
- “This was the best experience we’ve ever had in three years of teambuilding/professional development programs. Two of us attending regularly facilitate team building activities, and we thought your facilitators did a fantastic job setting up activities, running them and debriefing them in an efficient manner. The entire event from start to finish was smoothly run and well-organized. We were SO, SO impressed with how things went this year. Our facilitators were professional and brought just the right amount of fun to the afternoon. Everyone really had a great time! –Anonymous (2016)
By the numbers:
- Do you think your group got what you wanted them to get out of the experience?
- 96% – Yes
- Would you recommend Venture Out to other groups?
- 100% – Yes
- How satisfied were you with your Facilitators?
- 93% – Satisfied or Very Satisfied
- How satisfied were you with the overall program?
- 93% – Satisfied or Very Satisfied
- “This was an AWESOME party for my 10 year old son and his baseball team! The facilitators were fantastic and the boys all LOVED it!! Challenged them just enough and they all had a BLAST!! Thank you!!”
- “It was great! The facilitators were excellent; they made us feel comfortable and confident. The exercises were very helpful in making us successfully work together as a team. No complaints, thank you!”
- “The instructors were great, and seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did. They were willing to work with us to get the course done when the weather was being uncooperative. The course was fun and well designed, and safe. The instructors obviously made the safety of the group the first priority. The course emphasized teamwork, and taught good lessons, and most of all was fun. I would definitely recommend this to future groups.”
- “Will do this again – terrific experience from start to finish.”
- “All of the activities we did were really good and taught us how to help each other in a way that we have never really thought about before.”
- “This opportunity was extremely beneficial. The students are still talking about the fun and the learning opportunity. We had a grade range of 3rd-8th. The program we did met all of our students’ needs. The location was perfect. Thank you! We will come back.”